Tuesday, September 8, 2009

God Surprises

Let me start by saying I am always completely overwhelmed by Gods provision. Our family relocated [again] to Atlanta, GA in February ’09. I say again, only because Andrew and I are frequent movers. Since marring in ’92, we have lived in 14 different homes and in 5 states. [I love it here in Atlanta so I believe that this is the final stop.] One of the things that I always find interesting about moving into a previously owned home are the little “surprises” you encounter after moving in. Some of those “surprises” are major headaches but every now and then you feel like you struck gold.

We have been in our new home for a little over 6 months now. Just when we thought we had uncovered all the “little surprises” to our amazement we discovered something wonderful! We have an irrigation system! There has been a drought ordinance in effect here in Atlanta almost the entire summer. In attempt to keep the yard from turning completely brown, Andrew has been watering the front yard by hosing it down. Don’t misunderstand me here. We haven’t been using a yard sprinkler; we have literally been watering the yard one square foot at a time with the garden hose. You can only image our excitement when our neighbor finally clued us in on the fact that we have an underground irrigation system. Of course the grass had grown over all the sprinkler covers so turning it on for the first time was awesome. It was like little chicks busting out of their shells all over the front yard. Alyssa thought it is was the best thing ever! Before we knew it she ran inside, put on her swim suit and was back out to play. What a cool God surprise we had in our front yard.


Without a doubt, God's surprises are one of the best parts of being a Christian. They don’t happen everyday, but when they do, you know it. I’m so glad that I serve a God who not only cares about the big things in life, but mostly He delights in seeing us our hearts full of joy as we relish in His little surprises.

Is this JOY or what??

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I am so glad you started a blog! I had no clue until today!!!! great!

SJonesG said...

Wow, I'm really out of touch. I just found your blog today! I love it! Now we can see Alyssa turn into a teenager!! I started a blog back in the spring because we were traveling so much but lately it's just been random topics, but lots of fun!! Love you guys!